Why it is important to find Exchange Online mailboxes with email forwarding rules?
By finding and managing Exchange Online mailboxes with email forwarding rules, you can help to protect your organization's data from unauthorized forwarding, including data leaks, spam, and malware attacks.
Forwarding emails to external addresses in Office 365 can pose several security risks, including:
- Data leakage in Microsoft 365: If an attacker compromises your users’ Microsoft 365 account and sets up email forwarding to an external address, they can gain access to all the emails that are sent to your account. This could include sensitive data such as customer information, financial data, or trade secrets.
- Micrsoft 365 phishing attacks: Attackers can use email forwarding to send phishing emails that appear to come from your legitimate email address. This can trick your recipients into clicking on malicious links or opening infected Microsoft 365 attachments.
- Spam and malware attacks: Office 365 attackers can use email forwarding to send spam and malware to your recipients, which could give them a pathway to your organization's data and systems by gaining access to your organization's network.
- Compliance violations: If your organization is subject to industry regulations such as HIPAA or PCI-DSS, forwarding emails to external addresses may violate those regulations.
AdminDroid provides detailed insights into email forwarding setups, transport rules, and inbox rules in your organization, improving email security and compliance with regulations.
- Microsoft 365 mailbox forwarding summary: Navigate to email forwarding overall summary report of Exchange mailboxes with a detailed separate section on forwarding to external domains and internal domains, and SMTP forwarding. . This section of reports contains an
- Microsoft 365 mail transport rules: Navigate to mail flow using transport rules along with the performed users are listed here. . Every operation on
- Exchange Online inbox rules: Navigate to inbox rule configurations with forwarding and external forwarding. You can check for any inbox rule modifications using the 'Inbox rule section' in AdminDroid. . Use the detailed and dedicated section for Inbox rules which contains reports on all